Char Grilled Hispi Cabbage, Grilled rump, Worcestershire Sauce Mayo, Crispy Shallots, Meat Glaze
Prep time 10-15 min Cook time 15-20 min
2 Single Muscle Rump Steak
1 Head Hispi (pointed) Cabbage
30ml Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
3g Maldon Sea Salt
0.5g Everyday Favourites Whole Black Peppercorn
120g Yorkshire Blue Cheese
30g Crispy Shallots
150ml Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
30g HP Sauce Plastic Bottle
30g Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
100ml Essential Cuisine Premier Veal Jus
30g Jersey Butter
1. Season and pan cook the steak – Baste with butter and leave to rest.
2. Quarter cut the hispi and brush with oil and seasoning then chargrill for colour, remove and place onto baking tray, top with blue cheese and crispy onions and continue to cook until tender.
3. Mix the Mayonnaise with brown sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning and set to one side.
4. Make the veal jus and finish with butter.
5. Place the cooked cabbage on the plate and serve with sliced steak, the Worcestershire sauce mayo, veal reduction and fresh chervil