Prep time & Cook time : 30 mins Servings: 4
- 100g Cream cheese
- 100g Soft goats cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 Large onions, skinned
- 3 Smoked rindless streaky bacon
- 5g Unsalted butter
- 20g Sugar
- 50g Chorizo sausage, diced
- 5g Fresh parsley
- 4 x 150g Campbell Brothers fillet steak
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 100g Baby leaf and rocket salad
- 5ml Vinaigrette dressing
- Combine the goats cheese with the cream cheese, then add the Dijon mustard and egg yolk. Mix thoroughly.
- Finely slice the onions and bacon and cook down gently with the sugar and butter for around 30 minutes until the onions are very soft. Add the chorizo and combine thoroughly. Add the chopped parsley.
- Season the fillet steak then sear in a hot pan. Put in the oven for a few minutes allowing for the glazing time under the grill. Allow to rest and slice. Toast the sourdough on both sides. Spread on the warm, smoky chorizo marmalade then arrange the sliced steak on top. Spoon over some of the cream cheese glaze. Flash under the grill to glaze (this can also be done with a blowtorch). Plate up with dressed baby leaf and rocket salad and serve.