CB Reserve beef – rib eye steak grilled & served on roasted potato, salsify, rocket & radish salad, salsa verde dressing
This recipe utilises fantastic, CB Reserve beef, dry aged in our himalayan salt wall chamber to add to the flavour of the meat. The fresh seasonal ingredients paired with this recipe are all available to order from Oliver Kay.
- 50g Flat Leaf Parsley
- 50g Basil
- 50g Mint
- 2 cloves Garlic Bulb
- 30g Capers
- 30g Gherkins
- 15g Anchovies
- 20g Dijon Mustard
- 30ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 100ml Cold Pressed Rapessed Oil
- In a food proccesor add the parsley, basil, mint and pulse until roughly chopped then add the garlic and continue to blend together.
- Chop the capers and gherkins with the anchovies then add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the herb and garlic mix and then stir in the dijon mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Drizzle in the oil until combined and set to one side.
Roasted potato salad
- 200g Salad Potato 28-35mm
- 250g Salsify
- 180g Red Peppers
- 180g Yellow Peppers
- 2 Cloves Garlic Bulb
- 1 bunch Radish
- 30ml Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 2g Sea salt
- 0.5g Black pepper
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes On The Vine
- 30g Rocket
1. Wash and 1/2 the potatoes lengthways then pat dry and place into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the salsify batons, red & yellow peppers, chopped garlic, radish, oil, salt and pepper.
3. Tumble them together and roast for 20-30 minutes until tender.
4. Remove from the oven and cool slightly then add halved tomatoes & rocket and mix gently together. Serve as required.
CB Reserve Rib eye steak
- 5 x 285g CB Reserve Rib Eye Steaks
- 10g Sea salt
- 1g Black Pepper
- 850g Potato & Salsify Salad
- 250g Salsa Verdi
- 15g Micro Herbs – Coriander / Mint
1. Heat the chargrill and then season the steaks with salt and rub with a small amount of oil – Cook as desired – Medium rare is best for these. Finish with freshly cracked black pepper and allow to rest.
2. Plate the potato & salsify salad , top with the sliced steak , salsa verdi and fresh micro herbs.