Prep time & cook time: 15 to 20 minutes. Servings: 1 or 2 portions ( dependant on steak size)
- x 1 450g Chateaubriand
- x 2 Truffle gratin
- 40g Salted butter
- 100g Banana shallots
- 4g Thyme
- 5g Peeled garlic
- 500ml Red wine
- 500ml Veal glace
1. Remove from packaging and allow to breath.
2. Place the truffle gratin onto trays ready to bake.
3. Melt the butter in a pan and add sliced shallots thyme, garlic and cook out for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the wine and reduce down until syrupy then add the veal glace and simmer until glossy and dark sauce has been achieved , then pass through a chinois and set to one side until required.
5. Seal the Chateaubriand in a hot pan then baste with butter, thyme, rosemary and garlic and then place in the oven to cook for approx. 15-20 minutes for medium rare, allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
6. Serve with tenderstem broccoli , caramelised carrots, truffle gratin and the sauce.