Szechuan beef, slow-cooked beef daube finished with udon noodles, spring greens & asparagus
This recipe utilises our delicious beef paired with seasonal veg and noodles available from Oliver Kay.
- 40ml La Espanola Pure Olive Oil Glass
- 4pce Beef Daube
- 120g Shallot Banana
- 40g Bb – Root Ginger
- 40g Bb – Prep Garlic Peeled
- 100ml Tamari Soy Sauce
- 80g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 40ml Knorr Blue Dragon Create More Concentrated Szechuan Sauce
- 40ml Asian Aromatic Stock Base
- 1000ml Essential Cuisine Signature Beef Jus
- 20g Bb – Red Chillis
- 5g Everyday Favourites Cornflour
- 800g Edo Udon Noodles
- 200g Bb – Cabbage Spring
- 250g Asparagus UK
- 40g Crispy Shallots
- 10g Bb – Micro Coriander
- 10g Micro Thai Basil X 30g Punnet
- Heat the oil in a deep roasting tin and seal the beef until browned. Remove from the tray and set to one side.
- Add the shallots, sliced ginger, garlic, and cook for a couple of minutes then add the soy sauce, sugar, Szechuan sauce, stock base, beef jus, and red chili.
- Place the beef daubes back into the roasting tin and bring to a simmer then cover with tin foil and place into the oven for 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Once cooked allow to rest and then slice into even pieces and allow to sit in the some of the stock.
- With the remainder of the stock, strain into a saucepan and allow to reduce slightly before thickening with cornflour if needed – you are looking for a light sauce and not too thick.
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions and keep warm.
- Saute the greens and cook the asparagus.
- Plate the noodles then top with the sliced beef, sauce, cooked vegetables, crispy shallots and herbs.