Prep time 15 – 20 minutes. Cook time : 2-3 hours or until tender. Servings: 4 portions
- x 12 Chuck steaks
- 40ml Olive oil
- 180g White onions
- 180g Carrots with tops
- 120g Sri Lankan curry paste
- 800ml Coconut milk
- 400g Cherry vine tomatoes
- 400g Potato salad
- 20 leaves of coriander
- x 4 Limes
1. Remove the steak from packaging and allow to breath.
2. Heat a deep saucepan and add half the oil, seal the steaks until golden brown then remove and set to one side.
3. To the pan add the remaining oil and then sliced onions.diced carrots and cook out for 5-6 minutes.
4. Then add the paste and cook out for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Place the steaks along with any juices into the pan and then add the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes and cover, cook for 1 hour then add 1/4 cut potatoes and continue to cook for a further 1- 11/2 hours until beef in tender. Finish with coriander and lime.
6. Serve with rice and flatbreads.