- Puff or short crust pastry
- 200g cooked diced turkey
- 80g diced onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 500g gravy (if you don’t have extra homemade gravy, Essential Cuisine gravy mix is a good option)
- 50g chestnuts
- 100g frozen chopped cranberries
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- Egg wash
1. In a pan heat a little oil, gently sweat the onion & garlic without colour.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes. Correct the seasoning. Allow to chill.
3. Roll out the pastry to about 2.5mm thick. Using a large round cutter cut some circles. Place a tsp of the mix in one side and egg wash the edges. Fold the pastry over and use a fork to crimp the pastry to form a pasty. Egg wash the top.
4. For the pies use a Yorkshire pudding/ cupcake baking tray, grease them well, cut a large round to fit inside the mould, fill with the mix and cutting another round place a lid on the top folding the pastry over to seal the pie, use a fork to crimp the edges & egg wash the top.
5. Bake the pies and the pasties at 200c for about 10 to 15 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.